Top Wood – Solid Top Spruce : As a top wood, Spruce is light but strong and is characterized by its light color and often looks great contrasted against darker colored back and sides tone woods. We chose Spruce for being a great all round soundboard material that responds well to both aggressive playing and more subtle playing. Spruce has a wide dynamic range and resonates well with a wide range of tones.
Back and sides of the body – Solid Mahogany: Mahogany has a great mid-range character. It can enhance the mid-range tones and add meatiness/thickness to the sound. Using a Mahogany top would have brought out a mid-range dominant, compressed, warm, thick kind of sound. But we decided to go with Spruce for the top for this particular model to “mellow” out and add warmth to the overall tone.
- Model: SGA-010 (The Tree of Life)
- Type: 41’’ Cutaway
- Top: Solid Spruce
- Back and sides: Solid Mahogany
- Fretboard: Rosewood with intricate inlay of vines
- Neck: Mahogany with Rosewood Strips
- Machine head: High grade die-cast
- Binding: Abalone and Wood
- Finishing: High-gloss
- Strings: D’Addario EXP-16
- Carry bag: Yes (not-padded)